- Product 423502
Fender Custom Shop Ltd - Q2 Limited 1970 Stratocaster Electric guitar
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop LTD - Q2 Limited 1970 Stratocaster electric guitar is a modern twist on an iconic Fender Strat that evokes an era when Fender ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A modern twist on an iconic Stratocaster with many unique features.
The Fender Custom Shop LTD - Q2 Limited 1970 Stratocaster electric guitar is a modern twist on an iconic Fender Strat that evokes an era when Fender changed materials and features, which also affected the music these guitars was used for. The introduction of the three-bolt neck system came in the early 1970s, along with a "micro-tilt" adjustment that allowed users to angle the pitch of the neck to their liking.
The Fender Stratocaster's cast tremolo bridge also debuted around this time, as well as the non-beveled pickup magnets. This guitar has a flatter fingerboard radius and taller 6105 frets for easier string bending. The pickups are hand-wound by Abigail Ybarra, who was hired at Fender in 1956. A Custom Shop Relic finish on the LTD - Q2 1970 Stratocaster simulates the natural wear and tear of years of heavy use. Includes case, strap, cable, and Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity.
- Series: Limited Collection (2nd quarter)
- Model name: LTD - Q2 Limited 1970 Stratocaster
- Body: Premium ash
- Neck 1-piece maple, '70s "U" shape, (urethane finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, (gloss urethane finish)
- Frets: Dunlop 6105 narrow jumbo frets
- Pickups: 3 vintage single-coil Stratocaster pickups with '70s-style magnets handwound by Abigail Ybarra Controls: Master volume tone 1. (neck pickup) Pickup switching: 5-Position blade: Position 1. bridge pickupPosition 2. bridge and middle pickup Position 3. middle pickup Position 4. middle and neck pickupPosition 5. neck pickup
- Bridge:1970s style cast bridge machine heads fender/schaller vintage "F" style tuning machines hardware nickel/chrome pickguard 3-ply black/white/black vinyl
- Strings: gauges: .010 “ .046
- Accessories: strap, cable, Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Deluxe limited edition black hardshell case (black interior)
- Introduced: 4/2010
- Unique features:
- Large '70s headstock shape
- Three-bolt neck with bullet truss rod
- Limited edition neck plate
- Limited edition decal
- Relic finish shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts
Ltd - Q2 Limited 1970 Stratocaster Electric guitar
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
Fingerboard radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
No. of frets: 21