- Product 423457
Fender Custom Shop Musician's Friend Special Run Vintage Pro 1951 Nocaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Vintage Pro 1951 Nocaster electric guitar features a premium ash body, U-shaped maple neck with a maple fretboard. This Fender guitar has a flatt...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One of the most desirable production Fender Telecaster models recreated with modern touches.
The Vintage Pro 1951 Nocaster electric guitar features a premium ash body, U-shaped maple neck with a maple fretboard. This Fender guitar has a flatter radius and taller 6105 frets for easier bending. Other outstanding appointments include a single ply black pickguard, Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines, and an original vintage style string-thru-body Tele bridge with 3 special brass saddles. The '51 Nocaster comes with a vintage hardshell guitar case AND a modern hardshell SKB case, strap, cable, and certificate of authenticity.
The Fender Vintage Pro 1951 Nocaster is loaded with a Flat Pole Broadcaster single-coil pickup in the bridge position, and a Custom shop Twisted Tele single-coil pickup in the neck position. Custom wiring of a special 4-way Tele switch offer the player all the great tones that Telecasters are known for plus an extra position that gives your Fender electric guitar a fatter tone with more output.
- Series: Fender Vintage Pro
- Model Name: Vintage Pro 1951 Nocaster
- Body: premium ash
- Finish: Thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: maple neck, U shape
- Nut: bone
- Fretboard: maple
- Frets: 6105 narrow jumbo
- Neck pickup: Custom Shop designed Twisted Tele single-coil
- Bridge pickup: Vintage Flat Pole Broadcaster single-coil
- Controls: master volume, master tone, 4-way switch with modified wiring
- Bridge: original vintage style string-thru-body Tele bridge with 3 special design brass saddles
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply black
- Strings: D'Addario XL110 Regular Light, Nickel Plated Steel, (gauges: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Case: vintage hardshell guitar case and modern hardshell SKB case
- Unique features:
- U neck shape
- 4-way switch with modified wiring
- 100 percent thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- No. Of frets: 21 vintage style
- Scale length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42mm)
- Pickup switching: 4-position blade
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. bridge and neck in parallel
- Position 3. neck pickup
- Position 4. neck and bridge in series (fatter tone than Pos. 2 and more output than 1, 2, or 3.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I would never buy a guitar on line. They just feel and sound too different. That is until I talked with Scott. I told him what I was looking for but couldn't find. He pulled several guitars that met my criterion and let me know his opinion on each. He was right on the money! This is the exact guitar I wanted. It has a U neck, bell sounding Nocaster pickup, a very bluesy twisted tele at the neck, a one piece kinda light ash body....perfect. Played through a 57 Champ this thing just screams and cries until you turn her down. Then she just sings like a bell. This is a great guitar at any price.
4 position switch is a plus. I like the knobs. You can scratch your picks to give them some bite.
They set up this guitar exactly the way I asked down to a split set of strings, heavy on the bottom, medium on the top.
All custom shop stuff costs alot. But this guitar was worth every penny.
I never write reviews but this guitar is great. Weight is nice. A little light but not too..Neck is beefy buy not too wide - comfortable. Everything looks perfect and Scott at Reserve is great. The wood is resonant and it sounds good too. 4 way switch is a bonus. A lifer Tele ( I hope...)