- Product J32532
Fender Custom Shop NOS Stratocaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop NOS Stratocaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection rev...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A unique combination of tonewoods and handwound pickups.
The Fender Custom Shop NOS Stratocaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and attention to detail for which John of Fender Custom Shop is known. It's available in a special combination of Strat specs with an NOS finish.
This masterbuilt Strat features a chambered mahogany body that's been carefully routed for a Tele bridge pickup. It has a 2-piece quartersawn maple neck sporting a large "C" back shape, a compound radius and carved neck heel.
The fingerboard is maple with 21 frets, leading to vintage-style tuners. Perfectly incorporating a Vintage Strat tremolo bridge, the single-ply pickguard houses two handwound Strat pickups and a handwound Broadcaster pickup at the bridge for a cool mix of Strat tone and Tele punch. Includes hardshell case.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan' famous œNumber One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the '49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shop' quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C large
- Neck wood: Maple 2-piece quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Josephina Hand-Wound Limited John Cruz
- Middle: Josephina Hand-Wound Limited John Cruz
- Bridge: Josephina Hand-Wound Parchment Cap Broadcaster
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone and blend
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: NOS treatment, Pickups, Limited Neckplate
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Own this special Strat. Order today.