- J37271 000001000 J37271000001000
Fender Custom Shop P-90 NOS Telecaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop P-90 NOS Telecaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any Tele fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveal...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A beautiful top, gold hardware and noiseless P-90s.
The Fender Custom Shop P-90 NOS Telecaster Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any Tele fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and attention to detail for which John of Fender Custom Shop is known. It's available in a special combination of Tele specs with an New Old Stock finish.
This Masterbuilt Tele features an ash body that's double bound in white pearl. The top is an exquisite piece of quilt maple finished with an amber stain, while the body has a rootbeer-colored finish. A 2-piece rosewood neck is bound with the same white pearl as the body. The traditional feeling neck sports a large "C" back shape and a fretboard with 9.5" radius.
Electronics include two Seymour Duncan P-90s that deliver all of the growl and sparkle you'd expect, but without any hum. Gold hardware is featured throughout. Includes hardshell case.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan's famous Number One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the '49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shops quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 5A Quilted Maple
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: NOS Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C large
- Neck wood: Rosewood 2-piece
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: P-90
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: P-90
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Masterbuilt
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this exceptional Tele. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.