- #J21004 000001001 J21004000001001
Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar
Olympic White Maple
- Write a Review
The Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A thoroughly contemporary take on a time...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A thoroughly contemporary take on a time-honored classic.
The Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A thoroughly contemporary take on a time-honored classic, it has a lightweight ash body with a comfortably contoured heel, a quartersawn maple neck with a finely sculpted '60s C profile, a fast compound-radius (9.5"-12") round-laminated maple fingerboard with 21 6105 frets, and three sparkling Fat '60s single-coil pickups (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup) with modern five-way switching and a special Tone-Saver treble-bleed network that keeps tone consistent at any volume (no loss of highs when decreasing volume).
Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, staggered tuning machines (no string tree), Schaller strap locks and Fender F logo engraved neck plate. Available in Journeyman Relic lacquer finishes, which impart the appearance of years of aging and light use without heavy wear and tear. Includes black textured vinyl hard-shell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C mid '60s oval
- Neck wood: Maple Quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound Fat '60s
- Middle: Handwound Fat '60s reverse angle
- Bridge: Handwound Fat '60s
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Active
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups, Relic treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Cable, strap, tools, certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Own a piece of history. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Perfect set-up for my style.
- Solid Electronics
- Small Venues
Comments about Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar:
I have been playing Strats since the '60,s. This is the best I have ever played or owned (and there have been many). The tone in all positions is perfect. Wiring the neck and middle pick-up to the first tone control provides amazing results in position 4. The neck profile is unbelievably smooth. Without a doubt the Custom Shop got it right with this design! It could not be better!