- #J32229 0000010001795 J322290000010001795
Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 2016 Postmodern Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A time-honored classic crafted with six decades of “...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic crafted with hand-wound pickups and Journeyman treatment.
The 2016 Postmodern Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A time-honored classic crafted with six decades of “Fender firsts,” it has a lightweight ash body with a comfortably deep contours and cutaway heel, a tinted quartersawn maple neck with a finely sculpted ’60s “oval C” profile and Heavy Relic back finish, a fast compound-radius (9.5”-12”) fingerboard (round-laminated rosewood or one-piece maple) with 21 narrow jumbo frets, and three scintillating Ancho Poblano single-coil pickups (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup) with modern five-way switching, Vintage Modified #2 wiring and a special “Tone-Saver” treble-bleed network that keeps tone consistent at any volume (no loss of highs when decreasing volume).
Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, staggered tuners (no string tree), Schaller strap locks and Fender “F” logo engraved neck plate. This model comes in “Journeyman” Relic lacquer body finishes, which impart the appearance of years of aging and light use without heavy wear and tear. Includes black hardshell case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash with cut-away heel
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C mid '60s oval
- Neck wood: Maple Quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Middle: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Bridge: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage staggered
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups Journeyman relic treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Grab a Strat that's got max mojo. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.