- Product J32193
Fender Custom Shop Postmodern Journeyman Relic Stratocaster Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 2016 Postmodern Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A time-honored classic crafted with six decades of “...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A time-honored classic with some modern refinements.
The 2016 Postmodern Stratocaster is elegantly designed with a reappraisal of modern assumptions. A time-honored classic crafted with six decades of “Fender firsts,” it has a lightweight ash body with a comfortably deep contours and cutaway heel, a tinted quartersawn maple neck with a finely sculpted ’60s “oval C” profile and Heavy Relic back finish, a fast compound-radius (9.5”-12”) fingerboard (round-laminated rosewood) with 21 narrow jumbo frets, and three scintillating Ancho Poblano single-coil pickups (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup) with modern five-way switching, Vintage Modified #2 wiring and a special “Tone-Saver” treble-bleed network that keeps tone consistent at any volume (no loss of highs when decreasing volume).
Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, staggered tuners (no string tree), Schaller strap locks and Fender “F” logo engraved neck plate. This model comes in “Journeyman” Relic lacquer body finishes, which impart the appearance of years of aging and light use without heavy wear and tear. Includes black hardshell case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash with cut-away heel
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C mid '60s oval
- Neck wood: Maple Quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard with Vintage Butt Adjust Neck
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Middle: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Bridge: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage staggered
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Journeyman treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Own a Strat that you'll love to play. Order today.