- Product 620953
Fender Custom Shop Relic '59 Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop 1959 Stratocaster Relic electric guitar was built by master guitar craftsman Todd Kraue to incorporate an amazing mixture of v...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A fabulous Fender Custom Shop reproduction with Fat '50s single-coil pickups.
The Fender Custom Shop 1959 Stratocaster Relic electric guitar was built by master guitar craftsman Todd Kraue to incorporate an amazing mixture of vintage vibe and feel combined with modern playability. A unique feature of this '59 Strat is the hardtail bridge that provides a tighter transfer of string vibration for more tonal resonance. The Relic '59 guitar has been given a Relic treatment and features an alder body with a thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish and single-ply parchment pickguard. The neck features a dark Indian rosewood fingerboard with an early '60s "C" neck shape and a 9.5"-radius fingerboard with twenty-one 6105 frets. Three Custom Shop Fat '50s pickups, five-way selector switch, vintage hardware and a bone nut give this beauty authentic looks and tone. The '59 Fender Stratocaster comes with hardshell guitar case, strap, cable, and certificate of authenticity.
The Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic treatment you see on the Relic '59 Stratocaster creates a super "worn-in" look, like your favorite pair of jeans. They show the natural wear and tear from years of heavy use ” nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
The Time Machine series of Fender guitars pay homage to specific years of some of this timeless brand's classic designs. All are built to exacting specifications of their respective vintages, including body contours and radii, neck shape, fingerboard radius, pickups and electronics. Original materials, tooling and production techniques are employed wherever possible to maintain the integrity of these instruments.
- Series: Time Machine
- Model name: 1959 Stratocaster Relic
- Colors: faded 3-color sunburst
- Body: select alder
- Neck: maple, early '60s "C" shape, (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: dark indian rosewood
- Frets: 21 Dunlop 6105 narrow jumbo
- Pickups: 3 Custom Shop Fat '50s single-coil Stratocaster
- Controls: master volume, tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2 (middle and bridge pickups), 5-position blade switch
- Bridge: Hardtail
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage-style tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply parchment
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (Gauges: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046, P/N 073-0250-006)
- Accessories: strap, cable, and certificate of authenticity
- Case: deluxe hardshell guitar case
- Unique features:
- Relic finish shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts
Relic '59 Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5"(241mm)
No. of frets: 21 narrow jumbo
Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- pickup switching: 5-position blade:
- position 1. bridge pickup
- position 2. bridge and middle pickup
- position 3. middle pickup
- position 4. middle and neck pickup
- position 5. neck pickup