- Write a Review
A budget-friendly way to get into classical guitar, with all the right accessories.
A classical guitar differs from a steel-string acoustic in a number of ways. Most important for beginning players, classical guitars use nylon strings, which are easier on the fingers and produce beautiful tone. With the FC-100 Classical Guitar Pack, everything you need to affordably start playing guitar is included. You get a Fender classical guitar featuring a resonant spruce top with traditional fan bracing that projects sound nicely, and mahogany back and sides. The FC-100 Classical Pack also includes accessories that ensure a great start to playing guitar, including a gig bag for easy transport, an electronic tuner, picks and a spare set of nylon strings.
Traditional Classical Fan Bracing
Classical guitars typically have thinner tops and lighter bracing than steel-string guitars, with a bracing pattern that “fans” out from the soundhole toward the bottom of the guitar. This fan-like placement of the individual braces makes an important contribution to the rich nylon-string classical tone that guitarists and listeners have loved for ages.
Spruce is the standard modern tonewood for fashioning the tops of acoustic guitars and other acoustic instruments—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range, and it responds well to any acoustic playing style, from hard strumming to fast flatpicking to delicate fingerpicking.
Rosewood Bridge and Fingerboard
With a pleasingly dark look, solid strength, smooth feel and excellent tonal quality, rosewood is a longtime standard for crafting quality acoustic instrument bridges and fingerboards, from the mightiest jumbo guitar to the most diminutive ukulele.
- Body type: Classical
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Laminated Spruce
- Back & sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Traditional Fan
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: D
- Nut width: 1.73 in. (44.1 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.35 in.
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: No
- Configuration: No
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Info not available
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: Electronic tuner, picks, extra strings
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Order this fun, frugal entry-level guitar pack today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.