- Product 424146
Fender FSR '72 Telecaster Custom Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Fender FSR '72 Telecaster Custom electric guitar is a versatile tone machine. 1972 was a magical year for the Fender Telecaster and this FSR (Fen...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Special run '72 reproduction Tele Custom loaded with many of the option available back in the day.
The Fender FSR '72 Telecaster Custom electric guitar is a versatile tone machine. 1972 was a magical year for the Fender Telecaster and this FSR (Fender Special Run) edition features many of the options that were available back in the day, like a solid alder body, a C-shaped maple neck, bullet truss rod, cast/sealed machine heads, and a 6-saddle strings-through-body bridge.
The Fender FSR '72 Telecaster Custom guitar sports Fender's "wide range" humbucking neck pickup with a nickel-silver cover for added clarity, while a traditional single-coil bridge pickup produces the traditional twang you'd expect from a Fender Standard Telecaster. Controls include 2 volume and 2 tone skirted amp knobs plus a 3-way toggle switch on the upper bout. The electric guitar's appointments include a Custom 3-ply (black/white/black) pickguard and chrome hardware.
Fender's Special Run products like the FSR 1972 Telecaster are guitars customized to the specs desired by specific dealers. The Fender custom shop offers customization options in the type of wood for the body, neck type, pickups, finish, color and tuners.
- Instrument type: Fender Telecaster
- Model name: FSR (Fender Special Run) '72 Telecaster Custom
- Series: FSR
- Colors: black, arctic white
- Body: alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple, "C" shape,
- Fingerboard: maple or rosewood
- Frets: medium jumbo
- Neck pickup: Fender "wide range" humbucking
- Bridge pickup: traditional single-coil
- Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 3-position toggle switch
- Bridge: traditional single-coil
- Machine heads: Fender cast/sealed machine heads
- Hardware: chrome
- Pickguard: Custom 3-ply black
- Strings: Fender super 250l, nickel-plated steel (gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042 p/n 073-0250-003)
- Guitar Case: Fender Telecaster gigbag
- Unique features:
- Four skirted amp knobs
- 3-way toggle on upper bout
- 3-bolt neck plate with micro-tilt adjustment
FSR '72 Telecaster Custom Electric Guitar
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 21 medium jumbo
Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickup switching: 3-position blade
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3. neck pickup
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This is an awesome Tele. i picked it up as an alternative to a Paul and I haven't regretted it. It looks sharp, plays well (with a setup), and has a really nice sound. The neck is really easy to play. I swapped out the bridge pickup with a Hot Rails, which made a huge difference in tone- It gave the Tele a nasty bite. The neck pickup is nice and warm and sounds nice clean or distorted.