- Product H92175
Fender Select Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 2013 edition of the Fender Select Stratocaster HSS ups the ante on its 2012 predecessor with several striking new features. First among these is ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An elegant and high-performance version of the timeless classic.
The 2013 edition of the Fender Select Stratocaster HSS ups the ante on its 2012 predecessor with several striking new features. First among these is the "channel-bound" rosewood fingerboard, a brand-new Fender innovation in which the compound-radius (9.5"-14") rosewood fingerboard is "inlaid" into the thick modern "C"-shaped maple neck. In addition to creating a stylish new look, it imparts an amazingly comfortable fretting-hand feel in which both edges are pleasingly rounded, with no side seam between neck and fingerboard.
The Fender Select Stratocaster HSS also has a beautiful flame maple-top body with traditional contours. The body has an elegant hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish with a gloss lacquer topcoat, and the neck has a hand-rubbed oil finish and a comfortable contoured heel. Other premium features include Fender Select Stratocaster single-coil neck and middle pickups, a full-throated Twin-Head humbucking bridge pickup, five-way switching, three-ply parchment pickguard, aged white control knobs, 21 medium jumbo frets, Bi-FlexTM truss rod system, two-point synchronized tremolo bridge with vintage-style bent steel saddles, deluxe staggered locking tuners and Fender Select headstock medallion.
- Alder with flame maple top
- Hand-stained finish with Gloss-Lacquer topcoat
- Thick modern œC shaped maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Bi-Flex truss rod system for rock-solid stability
- Smooth-playing compound radius rosewood fretboard (9.5-14)
- 21 medium jumbo frets
- Twin-head humbucking bridge pickup
- Fender Select Stratocaster single-coil neck and middle pickups
- 5-way switching
- 3-ply pickguard
- 2-point synchronized tremolo bridge with vintage-style bent steel saddles
- Deluxe staggered cast/sealed locking tuners
- Nickel-chrome hardware
- Includes Fender tweed case
Be one of the select few to get their capable hands on this beauty. Order today.
- Series: Fender Select
- Body Material: Alder with Flame Maple Top
- Body Finish: Hand-Stained with Gloss Lacquer Topcoat
- Neck: Maple, Thick Modern "C"-Shape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Fingerboard: "Channel-Bound" Rosewood, 9.5"-14" (24.1 cm-35.56 cm)Compound Radius
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rods: Bi-FlexTM
- Pickups: Twin-Head Humbucking Pickup (Bridge), Fender Select Stratocaster Single-Coil (Middle and Neck)
- Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker; Position 3. MiddlePickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Tuning Keys: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck and Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup and Bridge/Middle Pickup Combination)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Special Electronics: Neck Heel Contour, Fender Select Headstock Medallion
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Select Tweed Case
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Great looks
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Fender Select Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar:
Fender has always made playable guitars but they've always lacked aesthetics. Basically a painted alder body and if you get fancy they sand it to make it look worn out. The woods on this guitar are excellent, the hand rubbed birdseye maple neck with a compound radius feels incredible in your hands. Your hand just slides up the neck with no resistance. The inlay of rosewood on the neck is also a work of art. The construction and setup of the guitar was flawless. The flame maple top with nitro gloss is just what the doctor ordered for these bored eyes.
Now for the sound. All I can say is, very versatile. From Jazz to hard rock, it will do it all and with both humbucker and single pickups and no active controls. If you want a single quiver guitar which feels and looks great, this is the guitar is for you.
I must add that I've never been a huge fan of Fender but I'm now a convert.