- #J44652 0000010010616084 J446520000010010616084
Friedman Vintage-T HH Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The love of vintage guitars is a passion which drives many guitarists to seek out those classic instruments of yesteryear. This same passion brought ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
For the lover of vintage guitars.
The love of vintage guitars is a passion which drives many guitarists to seek out those classic instruments of yesteryear. This same passion brought together two seasoned veterans in the guitar world, Dave Friedman & Grover Jackson, to bring you a new classic.
The Friedman USA Custom Shop is proud to present the Vintage-T collection, using only the finest masterfully aged hardwoods, genuine nitro finish, Plek'd-finished fretwork and Friedman custom-wound pickups. A lifelong passion and legendary craftsmanship is the heart and soul of the Friedman Vintage-T collection.
In the last few years Friedman has taken the tube amp market by storm on a worldwide basis. The instant players plug into a Friedman amp there is something familiar - but there’s more - that special something that makes them want to keep playing and playing - and then own one, regardless of cost.
In reality, a Friedman amp is just a set parts - capacitors, resistors, wire, transformers, potentiometers and switches etc... Individually, none of these components deliver the “Secret Sauce” that makes a Friedman a Friedman. The secret sauce is, in fact, simply a series of choices made by Dave Friedman, using his trained ears, 20-plus years of experience working on amplifiers and the highest level of craftsmanship. Which parts? What value? Used where? Connected how? In which configuration? These answers, and Dave’s painstaking attention to every nuance is what delivers the tone players seek. This neurosis is the reason Dave himself bench tests, plays-in and then signs EVERY amp before it leaves the shop.
It is this same relentless perseverance that makes Friedman guitars so special. Many people know Dave’s history of working on amplifiers and building rigs for rock’s elite players. What most people don’t know is that Dave’s passion and knowledge of guitars is just as deep. Dave has been consulting for and advising guitar companies in the background for years.
This wealth of knowledge is infused into the new Vintage-T Collection. Just like every Friedman amps, in their raw state, Friedman guitars are just wood, frets, tuners and pickups etc... The “Secret Sauce” is all of the subtle choices Dave made, then brought to life by legendary guitar builder, Grover Jackson.
Plug into a Vintage T and you will be inspired to play and keep playing. A carefully seasoned mixture of the familiar and that which is new.
Premium body woods - Dave chose genuine Mahogany and Alder as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. In the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover - 475 did not make the cut. Grain pattern and light weight are benchmarks for every Vintage-T guitar.
Necks -Select eastern hard maple with your choice of Indian Rosewood or maple fingerboard is available.
Frets – Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on Vintage-T guitars.
Compound Radius - Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. Compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman Vintage-T.
Tight Pocket and Exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pins - Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of itself does not eliminate the problem. Vintage-T guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift all together. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Tuners – Vintage-style Kluson tuners.
Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This West German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret-leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum playability of all Friedman guitars.
Aged Nitrocellulose Finish - Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
Custom Friedman Pickups – Dave and Grover worked for over a year on the Friedman Classic Humbucker and Classic 90 pickups to get the exact tone Dave envisioned. Both choices feature nickel silver base plates, high quality copper wire and alnico magnets.
• The Classic 90 delivers a smooth, warm tone with a very open top-end and touch-sensitive dynamics. The combination of slightly over-wound 42 awg wire coils and traditional Alnico V magnets give the Classic 90 a fat, yet extremely articulate tone with excellent response to pick attack.
• The Friedman Classic Humbucker produces vintage-style tone with an exceptionally balanced frequency response, outstanding clarity and extended dynamic range. These 42 awg pickups are reminiscent of late ‘59 PAFs in tone with a bit more Dave-infused attitude.
Case included – All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
Certificate of Authenticity - Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '60s classic
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Aged nitro
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Classic humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Classic humbucker
- Brand: Friedman
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Orange drop capacitor
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle string through body
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Kluson Vintage
- Color: Aged chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics Plek setup
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Built with passion. Made for pleasure. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.