- Product J30851
Gibson 1959 ES-175D VOS Hollow Body Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This legendary archtop features laminated maple/poplar/maple for the top, back & sides. Period-correct features include two '57 Classic humbucker...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Lush looks and quintessential jazz tone.
This legendary archtop features laminated maple/poplar/maple for the top, back & sides. Period-correct features include two '57 Classic humbuckers that deliver smooth, Patent-Applied-For tone. The mahogany neck has a comfortable rounded C profile with rolled fretboard binding for superb playing feel. Other appointments include an Historic truss rod, vintage-style "No Logo" potentiometers and quartered Adirondack spruce braces for vintage ES tonality. It's been enhanced with Gibson's VOS treatment that gives the finish and hardware a slightly aged appearance as if it was virtual old stock. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: ES-175
- Body type: Hollow Body
- Body material: Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Top wood: Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Body wood: Maple, Poplar, Maple
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Neck shape: Soft C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Single
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Split Parallelogram
- Nut width: 1.675"
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Configuration: 2 Humbuckers
- Neck: MHS Humbuckers
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: MHS Humbuckers
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Acoustic pickup: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: No
- Control layout: 2 Volume and 2 Tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way Switch
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Pre amp: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Compensated Top with Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Zig-Zag
- Tuning machines: Kluson Single Ring Tulip Button
- Color: VOS Nickel
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: VOS finish
- Case: Hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Own a classic. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.