- Product J30815
Gibson 1963 ES-335 VOS Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Although the ES-335 kicked off with the "dot neck" in 1958, many players have always preferred the "block neck" version of the early '60s. The beauti...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Correct to the original in every detail.
Although the ES-335 kicked off with the "dot neck" in 1958, many players have always preferred the "block neck" version of the early '60s. The beautifully re-created 1963 ES-335 includes the correct body shape with narrower horns and rolled fingerboard binding for a soft playing feel. Includes hardshell case.
Body: Correct '63 shape with narrower cutaway horns
Fingerboard: Bound rosewood with block inlays
Potentiometers: Matched 550k potentiometers
Hot hide glue: Historic body and neck construction
Truss rod: Tubeless Historic truss rod
Pickups: MHS humbuckers
Frets: Period-correct .100" x .045" fret wire
Finish: VOS nitrocellulose lacquer
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Laminated
- Top wood: Maple/poplar/maple
- Body wood: Maple/poplar/maple
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose VOS
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1963
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Block
- Nut width: 1.675" (42.5mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: MHS humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: MHS humbucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson Tulip
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: VOS finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: United States
Get the 335 you've always wanted. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gibson 1963 ES-335 VOS Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar:
Been looking for the last 7-8 years for the right vintage ES-335. Several times I was almost pretty close to buying a real 60's vintage ES-335 but couldn't find the right one. Either it was a late 60's with a trapeze and the skinnier neck or early 60's with a bent tailpiece and tuners, etc and was over $10k and needed work. This '63 VOS is exact to the original year. Nice thick neck and plays/sounds great. The guitar is extremely well made and feels like a vintage 60's ES-335. It came setup nicely out of the box with 10 gauge strings. Still going to get it setup again with 11's but was nice to play right away. It only lacks the patina of a vintage guitar. The guitar is priced right for what you get and it not being actually from the 60's. MF's service was also great. I called before I bought it and spent 15 minutes going over the spec's. These guys also open each box for these guitars and inspect prior to shipping.
- Was this a gift?: