- Product J12365
Gibson 2014 Limited Edition J-185 True Vintage Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The J-185 was introduced in 1951 and quickly became a bestseller in the jumbo line. With a slightly smaller body than its fabled cousin, the SJ-200, ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
More compact version of popular J-185 with great L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup.
The J-185 was introduced in 1951 and quickly became a bestseller in the jumbo line. With a slightly smaller body than its fabled cousin, the SJ-200, the J-185 offers an excellent alternative for players looking for the power and projection of the Super Jumbo in a smaller body style.
This limited edition features a solid Adirondack red spruce top, solid flame maple back and sides, produces a clear, bright tone with beautifully balanced sonic range. Classic finishes like the mother-of pearl maltese cross bridge inlays, vintage bracing, fret-over binding and vintage fret wire complete the authentic look and feel of this rare offering. Equipped with an L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup. Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Dovetail neck-to-body joint, hand-fitted and secured with hide glue ensures unequalled resonance transfer from strings to body
Radiused body for projection and clarity
Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows the tone to mature with age
100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
- Body Style: J-180
- Wood: Solid Adirondack red spruce top, solid flamed maple back and sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top and back, multi-ply double-ring rosette
- Neck: 1-piece mahogany, slim taper, 1.725 bone nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 12 radius bound rosewood with mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays
- Scale: 24-3/4, short
- Bridge: Belly up rosewood with bone saddle, mother-of-pearl maltese cross inlay
- Pickguard: Traditional J-185 tortoise pickguard
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh nickel
- Strings: Gibson light gauge, .012 - .053
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Finish: True Vintage Sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Includes black hardshell case
Order this great Gibson today!