- J24258 000001000 J24258000001000
Gibson 2016 Hummingbird True Vintage Square Shoulder Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Introduced in 1960 as Gibson' first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embrace...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An old classic reborn again with special thermally cured top to give it that old school look and tone.
Introduced in 1960 as Gibson' first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene. Built with thermally cured sitka spruce top, the 2016 Hummingbird True Vintage reflects the appearance and performance of those early iconic instruments. The thermally aged top allows Gibson to replicate the aging process on the cellular level for that legendary Gibson Acoustic vintage sound and appearance.
Other appointments include period-correct tuners for added authenticity a softened fingerboard edge to comfortably fit the contour of your hand. and an enhanced finish created by finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds for smooth VOS finish. Its premium setup utilizes state-of-the-art German-engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. It is hand finished for the finest feel and playability. Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridges helps the wood last longer and maximizes the tonewoods' natural vibrancy.
Includes hardshell case.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Thermally Cured Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany Info not available
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Round
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: None
- Tuning machines: Gold Gotoh
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Owner's manual
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Hummingbird today and you'll be taking home a new classic.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
Comments about Gibson 2016 Hummingbird True Vintage Square Shoulder Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar:
This guitar stands-up well with my Martin D45. Great sound and playability. Happy to have it in my collection.