- Write a Review
1930's look and feel with modern electronics and upgraded design.
The J-35 is handcrafted exclusively from solid tonewoods, Sitka spruce and mahogany. Featuring vintage 1930's advanced X-bracing pattern resulting in outstanding projection. The 2016 J-35 is the modern equivalent of that original round-shoulder flat-top with Gibson's historically celebrated, full-bodied acoustic tone.
Enhanced upgrades include L.R. Baggs VTC pickup for plug-and-play ease, and a finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds have been used for the high gloss finish. This J-35 also has a premium setup utilizes state-of-the-art German-engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. The J-35 is hand-finished for the finest feel and playability, and its smoother, hand-rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridges will help them last longer and maximizes the wood's natural vibrancy.
Includes hardshell case.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Round
- Nut width: 1.725 in. (4.3 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: None
- Tuning machines: White Button
- Bridge: Rosewood
- OrderSaddle & nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Owner's manual
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this fun-to-play Gibson today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.