- Product 517756
Gibson BB King Lucille 80th Birthday
- Write a Review
Blues legend B.B. King had been playing Gibsons for over 40 years when he and Gibson officially joined forces in 1982. B.B.'s personal touches on his...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Blues legend B.B. King had been playing Gibsons for over 40 years when he and Gibson officially joined forces in 1982. B.B.'s personal touches on his signature model include the fine-tuner tailpiece, the semi-hollow body with no soundholes and, of course, the name that has adorned his guitars throughout his career 'Lucille'.
- Manufactured in: Memphis, TN
- Top Species: Maple and Poplar Laminate
- Back Species: Maple and Poplar Laminate
- Species: Maple
- Peghead Pitch: 17o
- Thickness at 1st fret: .810"
- Thickness at 12th fret: .963"
- Heel Length: .500"
- Neck Joint Location: 19th fret
- Species: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Total Length: 18"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Width at 12th Fret: 2.062"
- Inlays: Abalone Blocks (Super), Pearl Block
- Available Colors: Black Sparkle (Super);
- Ebony, Cherry
- Plating Finish: Gold
- Tailpiece: TP-6
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic
- Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- Tuners: Grover 102GK
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell with
- B.B. King Signature (Super)
- Neck Pickup: 490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: 490T Humbucker
- Other: 6-Position Varitone Switch
- Interior: Navy Velour
- Exterior: Smooth Black Levant
- Silkscreen: "Gibson Memphis" in Gold,
- "B.B. King" Signature in Gold
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I have owned a Gibson Lucille (Cherry) for many years. I play her through a class A tube amp and an Acoustic Image for jazz. This guitar is the most versatile and beautiful sounding instrument I have ever owned. The feel of the neck is second to none. Although I have heard some complaints about the weight of the guitar, I believe this adds to the overall sustain of the instrument, which is absolutely incredible. I don't know if you could buy a better guitar in any price range.