- #J33004 000001000 J33004000001000
Gibson Custom 1959 Historic Select Les Paul Electric Guitar
Beauty of the Burst Page 74
- Write a Review
Historic Selects start with the foundation of Gibson Custom’s most accurate reproduction of their original 1950’s Les Pauls, the True Historic. Since...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A hand-selected flame maple top with a Beauty-of-the-Burst finish.
Historic Selects start with the foundation of Gibson Custom’s most accurate reproduction of their original 1950’s Les Pauls, the True Historic.
Since 1993, Gibson Custom has been recreating both the history of Gibson’s guitar legacy and meeting the individual needs of artists and customers whose tastes for fine guitars aren’t always met by what is readily available. The team of craftspeople and artisans are as individual in their passion for guitars as anyone, and take great pride in bringing players together with the right guitar.
The Gibson Custom 1959 Historic Select Les Paul Electric Guitar shares the exact same attention to detail and construction as its sister True Historic model, but with one noticeable improvement—its exceptional top and burst finish.
The flame maple top on this Les Paul was hand-selected by our merchants for the beauty of its grain and assigned a specific burst finish from the pages of Beauty of the Burst (our SKU# 901516). This lavish book pays tribute to Gibson's magnificent Sunburst Les Paul guitars made between 1958 and 1960, each page devoted to one particular example and burst finish.
Benefiting from Gibson Custom's color matching techniques and expertise in creating aged finishes, a gem of a guitar is now on offer to you. The Gibson Custom 1959 Historic Select Les Paul is a rare opportunity to own one of these historic guitars in a finish that you won't find anywhere else.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Hand-selected flame maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1959 Les Paul
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Historic
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Very limited production, each guitar matches a burst finish from the pages of Beauty of the Burst
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Own a piece of history. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.