- #J37568 000001000 J37568000001000
Gibson Custom 1967 Flying V with Maestro Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
"Russia has launched her satellite, perhaps to the embarrassment of the U.S., but the Gibson folks have come forth with their own 'first' – the futur...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An accurate recreation of an iconic model.
"Russia has launched her satellite, perhaps to the embarrassment of the U.S., but the Gibson folks have come forth with their own 'first' – the futuristic 'Flying V' guitar." — Gibson Gazette, November 1957
When Gibson unveiled the Flying V as part of its Modernistic Series in 1958 – alongside its partner, the Explorer – the guitar world just wasn’t ready for this sleek vision of the future. But there was no turning back, as these unique sculptures of musical innovation changed forever the way electric guitars were to be conceived, perceived and designed. Their solid Korina wood bodies and necks were carved into super-angular shapes with no discernible bouts, wastes or traditional cutaways of any sort. The Flying V was even verging on impossible to play sitting down — yet who could sit for long while playing an instrument like this anyway?
The Flying V was made for strutting, swaggering, wailing rock. It’s just that no one quite realized it at the time. Realistically, the Modernistic models were aimed at a music that had yet to be born. But in the late 1960s and into the ’70s when heavy rock ruled stadium stages all over the world, these bold guitars became the ultimate incarnations of the music. From the time of their birth, however, until their deletion in 1960, less than 200 units of both models were manufactured – a reality that eventually made them some of the most sought-after guitars in the world.
- Body shape: V
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Flying V
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: 1-piece Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Reissue
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dots
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: ABR
- Tailpiece: Maestro vibrato
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body shape
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Experience the bold sound of this special guitar. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.