- #J19132 000003000JA1204 J19132000003000JA1204
Gibson Custom Johnny A Quilt Top with Bigsby Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
By merging timeless tone and taste with utterly contemporary technique, Johnny A has earned a reputation as one of the most talented guitarists worki...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Blending features of Gibson' big archtops of the past with innovative techniques of today.
By merging timeless tone and taste with utterly contemporary technique, Johnny A has earned a reputation as one of the most talented guitarists working today. The original Johnny A Signature guitar became one of Gibson Custom' most popular artist models right from its unveiling in 2003. Now the new Johnny A brings the same blend of classic appointments and original design forward with a host of great new features, in a superbly versatile new semi-acoustic electric guitar that you™ll want to call your own.
Blending features of Gibson' big archtops of the past with innovative techniques of today, the Johnny A Signature is crafted by Gibson Custom with a œthinline body routed from a single piece of select Grade-A mahogany, capped with a two-piece figured maple top.
Unique Johnny A œscimitar f-holes, elegant multi-ply binding, and a luscious Sunset Glow finish in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer set the foundation for an extremely classy look. The quarter-sawn mahogany neck has the longer 25-1/2" scale length and rounded profile that Johnny A prefers. Unique inlays in a bound, ebony fingerboard and custom headstock and gold-plated hardware complete the picture.
Two of Gibson' immensely popular 57 Classic humbucking pickups offer that legendary blend of PAF-style warmth and bite, while a genuine Bigsby vibrato lends retro twang and wobble when you want it. Includes a hardshell Custom Shop case and Custom Crimson Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple Quilted
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Rounded
- Neck wood: Mahogany with maple spline
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Custom
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: '57 Classic
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: '57 Classic
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: ABR
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B7
- Tuning machines: Tulip button Klusons
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Order this versatile and captivating guitar today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.