- J37557 000001000 J37557000001000
Gibson Custom L-9 Hollowbody Electric Guitar
Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- Write a Review
Gibson invented the archtop guitar in the 1890s and developed the most desirable models of all time through the "jazz age" in the mid 20th Century. T...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Archtop tradition and innovation with a carved top and '57 Classics.
Gibson invented the archtop guitar in the 1890s and developed the most desirable models of all time through the "jazz age" in the mid 20th Century. The L-9 from Gibson Custom continues that tradition in a carved-top archtop guitar with a stylish nod to its solidbody cousin the Les Paul and a major dose of electrified versatility.
Gibson Custom's craftspeople take advantage of more than a century's worth of experience tuning carved tops to dial in a full range of tones–from classic jazz to punchy rock–with a newly designed inner top carve and just enough mass around the pickups to minimize feedback.
Two 57 Classic humbuckers and a traditional control complement with CTS pots and bumblebee tone caps translate this guitar's full beauty to your amp of choice, while lightweight hardware and vintage Gibson appointments top off a superb look and feel.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Figured Maple
- Body wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1959 Les Paul
- Neck wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: '57 Classic
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: '57 Classic
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Add this archtop to your collection. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.