- #J02073 000002000 J02073000002000
Gibson Custom L5 CES Electric Hollowbody
- Write a Review
The depth and mellowness of the Gibson L-5 CES is winning acclaim for this fine jazz guitar from the most discriminating artists. The tonal quality o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Tone and beauty for artistic performance!
The depth and mellowness of the Gibson L-5 CES is winning acclaim for this fine jazz guitar from the most discriminating artists. The tonal quality of the acoustic guitar and the advantages of an electric are combined in one instrument. Very few carved guitars are built each year because of the scarcity of the wood required and the handcrafting involved.
The building of the L-5s is overseen by Jim Hutchins, a Gibson Builder since 1963. The process has remained relatively unchanged since the 1950s, including the hand-tuning of the top and back. Guitarists sing the praises of the comfortable vintage neck; the fast, easy action; and the rich beauty of the carved spruce top.
Other features on the Gibson guitar include a figured, carved maple back with solid maple rims; a pearl inlaid ebony fingerboard; and beautiful multi white-black binding. With the creation of the L-5 in the 1920s, the modern archtop guitar was invented and it has set the standard for all carved guitars that have followed. (Click on "Private Reserve" at left to see more gorgeous pics.) Includes case.
- Solid spruce top
- Solid maple sides and back
- Five-piece maple neck
- Binding: Body/neck/peghead/f-holes
- Hardware: Gold
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-o-matic/24K gold
- Pickups: Two '57 Classic HBs
- Controls: Two volume, two tone, three-way switch
- Fingerboard: Ebony 20 fret/block inlays
- Scale length/nut width: 25-1/2"/1-11/16"
- Includes case
Does it get any better than this? Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.