- J20182 000001000 J20182000001000
Gibson Custom Ron Wood Signature L-5S Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
A '70s classic spec'd out for the ultimate rock star, with chambered maple body, five-ply neck, BurstBucker pickups, and LP Custom-style 'Tuxedo Feat...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The vibe of the original's under-the-radar vintage cool.
A '70s classic spec'd out for the ultimate rock star, with chambered maple body, five-ply neck, BurstBucker pickups, and LP Custom-style 'Tuxedo Features'.
Although we think of all the great Gibson electrics as being made in the "golden age of the ™50s and early ™60s, a few genuine classics slipped in during the years between the end of that era and the rebirth of Gibson standards a little over two decades ago. The L-5S is one such guitar: Gibson' top-tier solidbody at the time of its introduction in 1973, it has long been the favorite of Rolling Stones and Faces guitarist Ron Wood”an artist who knows a œrock star guitar when he finds one.
Updating the format to their exacting standards of , Gibson Custom introduces the Ron Wood L-5S, a finely crafted artist' guitar that sounds every bit as upmarket as it looks. Distinctive features include a chambered maple body with carved top, the five-ply maple/walnut/maple L-5S neck, and iconic Les Paul Custom-style œTuxedo Features such as multi-ply top and back binding, pearl block inlays, a multi-ply Custom headstock with pearl split-diamond inlay, and gold hardware throughout. Add Ronnie' choice of BurstBucker 1 and 2 humbuckers and you're ready to rock.
Based on Ron Wood's favorite '70s vintage Gibson, the redesigned L5S captures both the vibe of the original's under-the-radar vintage cool and the craftsmanship and quality of today's Gibson Custom Shop. 250 of these limited edition guitars are offered in an Ebony Gloss finish. Includes hardshell case.
3 Layer, Multi-Ply Hard Maple Body: Clear, Bright Tonal Voice
Artist Preferred neck profile: Made to Ron Wood specifications for comfort and feel
Matched pair of BurstBucker Pickups: Voiced for depth and œgrowl to compliment the L5S maple body
Les Paul Custom Aesthetics: Gibson' classic œTuxedo look for enduring beauty
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: BurstBucker 1
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: BurstBucker 2
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Grover kidney
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
The lead player for the greatest rock n' roll band can't be wrong. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.