- J41018 000000000 J41018000000000
Gibson Custom SG Standard Reissue M2M
- Write a Review
The introduction of the remodeled Les Paul models of the early 1960s sought to bolster Gibson's reputation as a quality builder of electric solid bod...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A perfect recreation of an historic guitar.
The introduction of the remodeled Les Paul models of the early 1960s sought to bolster Gibson's reputation as a quality builder of electric solid body guitars, something the Les Pauls of the late 1950s had failed to do. And although those Les Paul models of the late 1950s would eventually become the world' most iconic six-stringed instruments, the introduction of the redesigned models in 1961 would also signal an important new era in electric solid body design.
Characterized by a much thinner body with two cutaways, pointed horns, beveled edges and no body binding, the new Les Paul failed to achieve the full approval of Les Paul himself, which lead to the removal of Les Paul' name in 1963 in favor of its new name, the SG. A painstaking recreation of the original, the SG Standard Reissue takes you 50 years back in time to a rare and powerful slice of rock history.
The SG Standard Reissue M2M stays true to the specs of this iconic instrument. Its distinct features and legendary tone are meticulously remade with all the precision and accuracy expected from Gibson Custom, including its solid mahogany body with twin cutaways, pointed horns, beveled edges, nickel-plated hardware and lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece.
Other standard appointments include its cellulose trapezoid fingerboard inlays, single-ply binding along the fingerboard and a slim-neck profile. In addition to these details, the SG Standard Reissue also benefits from a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Kluson Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate fingerboard binding color, CustomBuckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss aniline dye
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1963
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in hot hide glue
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Historic
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: 1-piece Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Bumblebee capacitors
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel gloss
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Reissue components, limited quantity
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this while you can. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.