- Product J20172
Gibson Custom Solid-Formed 17 Venetian Cutaway Archtop Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The debut guitar in Gibson Custom's Solid Formed Archtop Series, the 17" Hollowbody Venetian is born from a marriage of Gibson's 120-year legacy as t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A divine archtop with improved resonance and single floating pickup.
The debut guitar in Gibson Custom's Solid Formed Archtop Series, the 17" Hollowbody Venetian is born from a marriage of Gibson's 120-year legacy as the inventor of the archtop guitar and its ongoing reputation for innovation. This full-sized archtop is inch for inch the descendant of the legendary Gibson archtops of the 1930s, '40s and '50s, yet it surpasses even that lofty standard by employing a proprietary Solid Formed spruce top and maple back, in which the grain of the wood is redirected into the arched shape, rather than severed as in traditional carving.
The result is an elegant hollowbody archtop made form solid tonewoods, yet with a richer and more pronounced tone that lives and breathes like nothing you've ever experienced. Enhanced by a stronger neck design that uses less wood, and with its resonance unimpeded by a "floating" pickguard-mounted mini-humbucker, it's a bold leap in archtop evolution.
Through a proprietary construction process that does not sever the grain, each guitar is hand-crafted from a two-piece solid spruce top and two-piece solid maple back, resulting in 1/3 less wood usage. The Solid Formed guitar range is Eco-Friendly and offers booming tone through its unique construction and Gibson Custom's renown craftsmanship and quality. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Spruce
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: H
- Neck: Johnny Smith Mini Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: None
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Intonated Floating
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning machines: Kluson Keystone
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Solid formed construction
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
This is the one you've been waiting for. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Small Venues
Comments about Gibson Custom Solid-Formed 17 Venetian Cutaway Archtop Hollowbody Electric Guitar:
After much evaluations regarding the design of this guitar I decided to buy one. whenever you rethink how to build an archtop makes you wonder how good it will be. First of all I've owned a super 400 and two L5'S.
This guitar plays better then the others. It has a wonderful tone and workmanship is a 10! Enjoy this one for sure. No issues with neck or construction. This ones a keeper.