- J42052 000001000 J42052000001000
Gibson Custom Standard Historic 1958 Les Paul Reissue Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
In 1958, Gibson made one more change to the classic Les Paul Standard. By discontinuing the traditional gold finish and introducing the new sunburst ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The finest recreation possible of a vintage instrument.
In 1958, Gibson made one more change to the classic Les Paul Standard. By discontinuing the traditional gold finish and introducing the new sunburst effect, Gibson created what was to become the most collected guitar today – the “Sunburst” Standard. Through the 1950’s this guitar also received several enhancements including the humbucking pickup, tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece. Today that model has evolved a step further into the ContouR8. A Standard Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard, with a “contoured” heel / neck joint. It features historical appointments like the aniline dye, hide glue neck joint, and long neck tenon.
With the addition of the contoured heel you get easier access to the upper frets. Because of the way the neck heel and the portions of the body and neckjoint have been contoured you no longer experience the feeling of the heel making it easier to play lead and provide upper fret access.
The ContouR8 gives you all the legendary historical appointments of the Les Paul while also providing an unimpeded reach up the entire neck. The result is a perfect marriage between tradition and innovation. As a visual statement and a performing instrument, the ContouR8 has no rivals. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Figured Maple
- Body wood: Non-weight relieved Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '50s profile LP
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage, no tubing
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Reissue green key
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Contour heel
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Let this '58 be your muse. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.