- #J23588 00000100095402 J2358800000100095402
Gibson Custom True Historic 1959 Les Paul Reissue Electric Guitar
Vintage Cherry Sunburst
- Write a Review
The True Historic 1959 Les Paul Reissue Aged Electric Guitar from Gibson Custom features reformulated plastics based on lab analysis of original vint...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The most desirable Les Paul ever.
The True Historic 1959 Les Paul Reissue Aged Electric Guitar from Gibson Custom features reformulated plastics based on lab analysis of original vintage parts, double-carved and hand sanded neck and top profiles, thin wet-sanded lacquer, Custom wound Custom Bucker pickups, Hot Hide Glue joinery, historically accurate serial number.
Available in very limited quantities in , this is the closest you can come to owning an original vintage Les Paul from the 1950s without actually acquiring an original. Comes with True Historic COA with guitars exact serial number, die-cast True Historic badge over the Rhythm/Treble switch access cavity and hardshell reissue Les Paul case.
The True Historic range represents fanatic new levels of detail accuracy, employing new processes, new materials, and new skills to give you an entirely authentic ownership experience, placing the beauty, feel, and tone of an original 1950s Gibson in your hands. You simply can't get closer to the real thing...than the real thing.
True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
"Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Figured Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1959 Les Paul
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Historic
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson deluxe
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited production
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity, extra switch plate
- Country of origin: United States
Own a piece of history. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Good Tone
- Like a vintage original Les Paul
- Perfect Neck
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Gibson Custom True Historic 1959 Les Paul Reissue Electric Guitar:
Gibson Custom Shop has the right stuff. This is one of the finest non-vintage Les Pauls I've played. Everything about it - feel, weight, action, playability, tone, sustain, appearance - is superb. Not inexpensive, but what price do you put on an instrument that makes you play better?