- Product J11196
Gibson Hummingbird Limited Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
From a company that has brought the guitar world so many great originals, the Hummingbird stands out strong and proud. Introduced in 1960 as Gibson' ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A wonderful recreation of Gibson's popular model from the '60s with the addition of L.R. Baggs electronics.
From a company that has brought the guitar world so many great originals, the Hummingbird stands out strong and proud. Introduced in 1960 as Gibson' first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by several prime movers on the scene. In the hands of everyone from Keith Richards to Gram Parsons, it quickly proved itself equally adept at folk, country and rock, and excelled at many of the crossovers genres in between that helped to set the scene for the ™60s.
Much of the Hummingbird' appeal lies in its versatility. However you attack this flat-top, it pumps out rich, deep tones, and is equally at home thrumming out first-position chords as it is taking the spotlight for flatpicking leadlines further up the neck. Its spacious solid mahogany body and sweet, solid select Sitka spruce top are more than capable of nailing down the rhythm in the hands of a rock-and-roll sideman, or of accompanying the most nuanced performance under the fingers of today' alternative singer-songwriter. Made in the image of the original, in Gibson' acclaimed acoustic facility in Bozeman, MT, today' Hummingbird lives up to its pedigree, bringing you all of these capabilities and more as, quite simply, one of the finest acoustic guitars available today.
- Body Type: Square Shoulder
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid mahogany
- Binding: Multi-ply Top and Back Back Binding, Traditional Double Ring Rosette
- Bracing: Scalloped Top Bracing
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Joint Compound: Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Radius: 12"
- Fret Wire: Nickel Alloy
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Paralellograms
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Nut material: Tusq
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional CF-100
- Angle: 17 deg
- Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Gibson Logo and Crown
- Truss Rod Cover: Black and White
- Tuning Keys
- Type: Grover Rotomatics
- Material: Nickel
- Ratio: 14:1
- Type: Traditional Belly Up with Tusq Saddle
- Material: Rosewood
- Pickguard: Traditional Tortoise Hummingbird Motif
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack Strap Button
- Strings: .012" - .053" Gibson Light Guage
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup system
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Type: Gibson Standard Hardshell Case
- Exterior: Black Tolex
- Interior: Blue Fabric
- Owner's Manual
- Gibson Gold Warranty
Let your music fly with this Hummingbird. Order today!