- J09571 000001000 J09571000001000
Gibson J-29 Elite Limited Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Limited to a run of 20 units for the US, the 2014 J-29 Elite Rosewood Acoustic-Electric features the same Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides, ...Read More
Limited to a run of 20 units for the US, the 2014 J-29 Elite Rosewood Acoustic-Electric features the same Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides, Gibson 30's-style advanced bracing pattern, round-shoulder body style and short scale neck as well as a compound dovetail neck secured at the 14th fret with hide glue as the regular version of the J-29. Other accoutrements include multi-ply top binding, AJ-style tortoise pickguard, mother-of-pearl dot inlays, and L.R. Baggs Element electronics for your plugged-in performances. The J-29 Elite adds a special abalone single rosette, abalone top trim, gold Grover tuners, and an "Elite" engraved truss cover. Includes case.
A limited edition round-shoulder with special accoutrements including gold tuners and abalone top trim.
- Body Style: J-45 round-shoulder
- Wood: Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides
- Binding: Mutli-ply top, single-ring abalone rosette
- Trim: Abalone top trim
- Finish: Antique Natural, Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Mahogany, round profile with 1.725 nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Advanced scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 12 radius walnut with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Scale: 24-3/4
- Bridge: Rectangular rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Pickguard: AJ-style tortoise
- "Elite" engraved truss cover
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grover tuners
- Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element
- 100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
- Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity
- Includes case
Add this to your collection before they're gone. Only 20 for the US! Order today.
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Crystal Clear
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Great neck
- Light To The Touch
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Gibson J-29 Elite Limited Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Been Playing for 40 years, seriously for 20, I own about 40 guitars now and I have never been moved to write a review until now. This is without a doubt one of the finest guitars in the world, The quality is evident from the first time I opened the case and smelled the rosewood. This guitar is beautiful with its abalone trim and east Indian rosewood back and sides. All solid wood of course and good wood at that. With a limited run of 65 you and I both know that extra care was taken from the wood selection to the luthiers, to the finish of this instrument, that all special care was taken. I also own a Martin O45s the Stephen Stills signature model from 2007 that was a limited edition of 91 that was on the cover of the Martin limited edition catalog of that year, Surely one of the finest guitars ever made. This one is right up there with it and perhaps even surpassing it. The tone I get from this guitar is incredible. The feel is incredible. The workmanship is incredible.
If there are any of these left to be bought, you should get one, you will not be disappointed. Check the acoustic letter by Music Villa with Tony Polecastro and see the comparison between the regular J-29 and the "hot-rodded" Hd-28 SS with the 24 and 3/4 scale so that he would be comparing the two guitars with the same scale length. Most people commented that they thought the J-29 sounded better and this elite model sounds even better than the regular j-29. So if you still can get one!