- Product H98587
Gibson LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This little giant produces a charming and seductive tone that rivals much larger-bodied guitars while maintaining exceptional clarity and focus in in...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A little sweetheart with a giant tone.
This little giant produces a charming and seductive tone that rivals much larger-bodied guitars while maintaining exceptional clarity and focus in individual notes. Ideal for folk, blues and finger style, the delicately balanced LG-2 maintains a full-dynamic range in a compact package.
Handcrafted solid tonewood and scalloped top bracing provide the warmth and richness that have made spruce and mahogany a classic combination in acoustic flat-top guitars, while the short scale and roomy yet comfortable nut width make for easy playing no matter what the style.
Quality Gibson construction, a dovetail neck-to-body joint, and simple appointments remain true to the intent of the original, while subtle changes in playing feel provide the modern player with the best of both worlds. Equipped with a Baggs Element pickup, the LG-2 is ready to accompany you at the coffee shop or in the concert hall. Includes case.
- 100% American-made quality Gibson handcrafted construction throughout
- Solid mahogany for a warm-balanced tone
- Short scale neck for easy playing
- Mother-of-pearl dot inlay on fretboard
- Baggs Element pickup
- Includes Gibson hardshell case
Get traditional looks and tone with a modern playing feel. Order today.
LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Body Type: B-25/LG-2
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- Binding: Multi-ply Top Binding, Single Ply Back Binding, Traditional Rosette
- Bracing: Scalloped Top Bracing
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: V-Profile
- Heel Shape: Round
- Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Radius: 12" Radius
- Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Inlays: 1/4" Mother of Pearl Dot
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Material: Tusq
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional AJ
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Inlay: Gold Gibson Decal
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/White Truss Rod Cover
- Tuning Keys
- Type: White Button Vintage Tuners
- Plating: Nickel
- Ratio: 15:1
- Type: Traditional Belly Up with Tusq Saddle
- Material: Rosewood
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack
- Strings: .012" - .052" Gibson Light Guage
- Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element
- Sealer: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Antique Natural
- Type: Gibson Standard Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Blue Fabric
- Certificate of Authenticity: No
- Manuals: Owners Manual
- Warranty: Gibson Gold Warranty
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
Comments about Gibson LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic Electric Guitar:
I've been playing for about 20 years in praise and worship bands but haven't owned a lot of guitars. I've had the heart for a couple of years now to start taking fingerstyle seriously. For the past year or so I started looking for the "perfect guitar." I actually decided to get a Taylor 412 until I happened upon this little gem and loved it. I found a great deal here at Musicians Friends with an open box, (It was flawless when it came in. I don't think it was even played.) so I ordered one and have been very happy with it. It has a great deep tone with a bluesy feel. Amazing tone with every note from highs to low very articulate. I was also surprised to find that it's not a bad guitar for strumming either with some pretty decent volume. Very comfortable neck with great playability.
My only complaint is when I plugged it into my Fender acoustic amp it was very punchy causing me to bring the lows way down on the amp. After a quick adjustment it sounds great plugged in as well.