- Product J15021
Gibson LG-2 Red Spruce Top Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Harkening back to Gibson's popular smaller body LG-2 of the 1940s and 1950s, this very limited run of 41 guitars for all of North America features a ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A classic smaller-bodied guitar given the beautiful upgrade of Adirodack red spruce top and hide glue construction.
Harkening back to Gibson's popular smaller body LG-2 of the 1940s and 1950s, this very limited run of 41 guitars for all of North America features a solid, select Adirondack spruce (red spruce) top, hide glue bracing and in the Compound Dovetail neck joint, gold tuning machines and an L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup, system which mirrors the movement of the soundboard as you play.
Hide glue is hundreds of years old in the building of acoustic instruments, and offers an almost transparent bond between two wooden pieces, maximizing transferrence of resonance and ultimately, tone. The traditional Compound Dovetail hide glued neck joint, remains the most difficult method of joining neck to body, but also gives all Gibson Acoustic guitars maximum strength, resonant and tonal transference between the solid, genuine mahogany neck and body. Gibson LG-2 comes in a Gibson Hardshell case with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Body Type: B-25/LG-2
- Top: Solid Adirondack Red Spruce Top
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top binding, single-ply back binding, traditional rosette
- Bracing: Hide glue
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: V-Profile
- Heel Shape: Round
- Thickness: 1.725" at nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Neck Fit
- Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Radius: 12" Radius
- Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Inlays: 1/4" Mother of Pearl Dot
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Material: Tusq
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional AJ
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Inlay: Gold Gibson Decal
- Truss Rod: Cover Black/White Truss Rod Cover
- Tuning Keys
- Type: White Button Vintage Tuners
- Plating: Gold
- Ratio: 15:1
- Type: Traditional Belly Up with Tusq Saddle
- Material: Rosewood
- Strap ButtonsL End Pin Jack
- Strings: .012" - .052" Gibson Light Guage
- Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Sealer: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Type: Gibson Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Blue Fabric
- Manuals: Owner's Manual
- Warranty: Gibson Limited Lifetime Warranty
Own one of these red cedar hybrids before they are all gone. Order now!