- Write a Review
A limted edtion that's a favorite for vocal accompaniment onstage or in the studio.
The J-35 Collector' Edition is modeled after the original 1935 release of this classic with solid tonewoods and the tradition of excellence that makes these extraordinary guitars worth collecting. The solid Adirondack red spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides produce a remarkably warm, expressive tone. The short-scale neck with slightly wider nut width and advanced x-bracing provides for smooth tonal response, easy playing, enhanced baseand projection. The J-35 is a favorite for vocal accompaniment onstage or in the studio.
Ships with hardshell case and certificate of authenticity.
Dovetail neck-to-body joint, hand-fitted and
secured with hide glue ensures unequalledresonance transfer from strings to body
Radiused body for projection & clarity
Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows the toneto mature with age
100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
- Body Style: J-45 series
- Wood: Solid red spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back, multi-ply single-ring rosette
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: 1-piece mahogany
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Nut width: 1.77 bone
- Fingerboard: 12 radius rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Scale: 24 3/4
- Bridge: Traditional rosewood belly up with bone saddle
- Pickguard: AJ firestripe pickguard
- Tuning Machines: Nickel open back, 15:1
- Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
- Electronics: LR Baggs„¢ Element VTC pickup
- Includes a black hardshell case with plush-lined interior
Only 65 of these are being produced. Order now.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Rich Sound
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Gibson Limited Edition Collector's J-35 Acoustic Guitar:
Ordered this guitar, my first GIbson, just after Thanksgiving. Received it, it was beautiful. Smelled good too. Absolute tone cannon, just oozed Gibson chime with deep bass that resonated in your lap. Sustain for days. Alas, has a neck like a baseball bat. If that's your thing -- this is your guitar. I realized it wasn't going to be something I would enjoy playing long-term, so sent it back. MF took it back, no questions asked. Top-shelf instrument sold by a top-shelf retailer.