- Product J15800
Gibson Limited Edition J-45 Ebony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Since 1942, the Gibson J-45 dreadnought has been on more stages and in more recording studios than any guitar in history, hence its nickname "The Wor...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Workhorse in a limited run of 75 with a special ebony finish and L.R. Baggs electronics.
Since 1942, the Gibson J-45 dreadnought has been on more stages and in more recording studios than any guitar in history, hence its nickname "The Workhorse."
It features true-to-the-original features like solid genuine mahogany back, sides, and neck, solid Sitka spruce top, scalloped spruce bracing, and a traditional compound dovetail neck to body joint attached with old-world hide glue for full, balanced expression, warm bass and excellent projection. The 24-¾" scale length works in concert with the slope shouldered spruce and mahogany body and neck to produce a balanced Low/Mid/High tonality that works for all genres of music requiring a steel string acoustic guitar.
The sound of a J-45 was described to Gibson by one of the greats as "that great old tone that is in my head forever. Imagine two tape, vinyl, pre-digital, pure balanced tone. That would be the sound of Gibson's J-45." This special edition comes in a rare, hand-applied ebony nitrocellulose lacquer finish which will allow the tone to mature with age, gold Grover Rotomatic tuners and an L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup.
Comes in a plush-lined Gibson hardshell case with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Body Style: Round shoulder J-45
- Wood: Solid Sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back, multi-ply single-ring rosette
- Neck: Solid mahogany, slim-taper profile with 1.725 black nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Fingerboard: 12 radius, rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Scale: 24-3/4
- Bridge: Belly-up rosewood
- Pickguard: Traditional tortoise teardrop
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grover Rotomactics, 14:1
- Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
- Finish: Ebony finish nitrocellulose lacquer
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element-VTC
- Case: Black hardshell with plush-lined interior
Order one of these limited-edition Gibson's today before they are all gone.