- J08279 000001000 J08279000001000
Gibson Limited Edition Late 1960s J-45 VS Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This vintage-inspired '60s-style J-45, with its unique white pickguard, will turn heads and inspire curiosity in those who recognize the J-45 but hav...Read More
This vintage-inspired '60s-style J-45, with its unique white pickguard, will turn heads and inspire curiosity in those who recognize the J-45 but have to look again just to make sure. Recreating a classic Gibson-era style, this limited edition incorporates the best of todays amplification technology with an L.R. Baggs Element VTC pickup, uniquely voiced for Gibson. With a solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, the 1960s J-45 Vintage Sunburst also features a dovetail neck-to-body joint, hand-fitted and secured with hide glue to ensure unequalled resonance transfer from strings to body, a radiused body for projection and clarity, and a nitrocellulose lacquer finish which allows the tone to mature with age.
The J-45 is one of Gibsons best-selling acoustics of all time. Nicknamed œThe Workhorse and first introduced in 1942, this popular acoustic is now the icon of its round-shoulder, dreadnought line.
L.R. Baggs Element VTC Pickup System
The L.R. Baggs Element Active System VTC undersaddle acoustic pickup delivers performance previously unattainable from an undersaddle pickup. The streamlined and efficient design removes every unnecessary internal component to improve the coupling between the transducer and the guitar. This substantially improves the sensitivity of the transducer so the acoustic guitar pickup delivers a robust, lively, and open sound with great dynamics and a delicate high end. The L.R. Baggs Element Active System pairs the Element undersaddle transducer with a pre-contoured all-discrete class A endpin preamp and includes small, removable soundhole-mounted volume and tone controls (VTC) for added convenience and versatility.
A modern, enhanced version of "The Workhorse" with L.R. Baggs electronics, hide glue construction and a radiused body.
- Body Style: Round-shoulder J-45
- Wood: Solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- Neck: Solid mahogany, slim-taper profile with 1.725 bone nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Fingerboard: 12 radius, rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Bridge: Belly-up rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay and bone saddle
- Binding: Multi-ply top, double-ring rosette
- Pickguard: ˜60s-style white with Gibson stamp
- Tuning Machines: Strap white button
- Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
- Finish: Vintage sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- 100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
- Includes case
Saddle up to classic Gibson tone with this show-stopping hybrid. Order today!