- Product J96982
Gibson SG Faded T 2017 - Solid Body Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The SG Faded 2017 T has been carefully crafted by Gibson USA to look and feel like an old friend the first time you pick it up. With its more authent...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Worn-in looks, modern performance.
The SG Faded 2017 T has been carefully crafted by Gibson USA to look and feel like an old friend the first time you pick it up. With its more authentic new Faded Gloss finish and nickel-plated hardware, the SG Faded looks weathered by a few decades of playing, while the guitar itself, like every new Gibson guitar, feels as if it has been shaped directly by the player's own hands, for an absolutely perfect fit. The SG Faded is an artful blend of history and modernity, where SG traditions begun more than five decades ago meet with 21st century innovations for sonic versatility and playability.
A set of 490R and 490T humbuckers with Alnico magnets delivers historic SG tones, while a slim-taper neck with a thicker rosewood fingerboard and 22 polished frets combine for an amazing feel in the hand, yielding easy bends and lightning-fast soloing—an impressive value for a high quality made-in-USA Gibson guitar. Includes gig bag.
- Vintage style keystone tuners: Vintage looks and precise tuning
- Tektoid nut: Dense and self-lubricating for great sustain and accurate return to pitch
- Thicker rosewood fingerboard: Improved sonic depth, and feels great under the fingers
- Slim-taper neck profile: Fast and comfortable
- New Faded Gloss nitro finish: New Faded Gloss nitrocellulose finishing process for a more authentic vintage look
- Mahogany body: Incredible tones and historic tonewoods
- 490R and 490T humbuckers: Authentic Gibson Alnico-humbucker tones
- Classic Gibson controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones and 1 toggle switch for absolute tonal control
- Nickel Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece: Original innovative Gibson hardware delivers rock-solid sustain and precise intonation
- Padded gigbag: Protective and easy to carry
See what this Traditional SG will do for you. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm) Tecktoid
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 490R
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 490T
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish, Electronics
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.