- #J43930 000001000 J43930000001000
Gibson SG Naked 2016 Limited Run Electric Guitar
Natural Vintage Gloss
- Write a Review
The Gibson SG Naked 2016 Limited Run Electric Guitar offers P-90 tones and naturally beautiful looks. This Limited edition guitar features a mah...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Bare wood beauty and P90 pickups.
The Gibson SG Naked 2016 Limited Run Electric Guitar offers P-90 tones and naturally beautiful looks. This Limited edition guitar features a mahogany body in a beautiful satin lacquer finish. The set mahogany neck has a rounded profile and rosewood fretboard. Electronics include a pair of Soap Bar P-90s for satisfying single-coil sounds. Comes with Gibson gig bag.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Rounded
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.55 in. (39.37 mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Soap Bar P90
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Soap Bar P90
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Grover kidney
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: Truss-rod tool
- Country of origin: United States
Get timeless elegance. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
Comments about Gibson SG Naked 2016 Limited Run Electric Guitar:
I am blown away by this guitar. First off, everyone knocks Gibson quality these days, and I am no different (I own a Les Paul that I'm not happy about but that's a different story). This guitar was perfect looking out of the box. There was no damage at all and the fit and finish was perfect on the body, the neck, the headstock, the fingerboard, the components, everything was flawless. I couldn't find anything to nitpick. My only one concern is that the Grover tuners were not as responsive as I would have liked. They are not as dialed-in-feeling as the locking Grovers on my Les Paul, but once I stretched out the strings and played for a bit, the tuners seemed to hold tune pretty well. Only time will tell here, but so far so good.
But the pickups on this guitar are the star! I've never owned P90s and I am so into this sound it's crazy! I've been unhappy with humbuckers for some time now, not into them at all, and I really do like single coils on my Tele a lot, but the P90s are the answer to everything. They can be punchy when attacked, smooth when playing easy, and both neck and bridge alone, as well as together create fantastic sounds in any position. Right now I have no interest in any other guitar (HBs or Single coils), all I want to do is play P90s. I may never go back.
Another thing is this guitar is SO LIGHT! It feels like nothing strapped on. Like air! And it is so slender too. My other initial concern is that this neck is very slim and very thin (front to back). I have another guitar that I've owned a long time with a very thin (front to back) neck but fairly wide board, so I am somewhat accustomed to this feel, but this SG also has a very slim neck at the nut. I don't have small hands, so making chord shapes down at 1st fret is requiring a little more work and stretching for me but shockingly, I've found soloing and riffs are easier and faster to play than any of my other guitars. I am still getting used to this neck but so far, I think I will adapt an luv it