- Product H86250
Gibson Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Gibson Acoustic is proud to introduce the new Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition Acoustic Guitar, the most expressive Southern Jumbo in Gibso...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A new classic with the perfect balance of sweetness and power.
Gibson Acoustic is proud to introduce the new Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition Acoustic Guitar, the most expressive Southern Jumbo in Gibson Acoustic' history. The new features on this SJ allow Gibson to deliver an unblemished natural acoustic sound that has eluded performing artists for decades. Every note is amplified without artificial tone coloration and with the high-end intact, allowing for an uncompromised unity between the instrument and the musician.
Crow' new SJ Special Edition raises the bar for fine acoustic guitar performance with its superior dynamic and tonal range coupled with immaculate sound reproduction from an extraordinary internal body pickup system. This new Sheryl Crow model reflects Gibson' continued commitment to advance guitar design and performance through collaboration with some of music' greatest talents.
The guitar, handcrafted by Gibson Acoustic in Bozeman, Montana, is built with a top made from prized solid Adirondack red spruce and back and sides of solid mahogany. This special edition model is enhanced by a 1930s advanced X-bracing pattern made with scalloped spruce braces to attain optimal acoustic resonance. Together these woods and construction techniques provide a blend of depth, clarity, richness and warmth along with the power and projection that made the Southern Jumbo famous. The one-piece mahogany neck is carved to a comfortable modified-V profile and topped with a bound rosewood fingerboard with a 12 radius and a 14th fret neck joint. Gibson' traditional dovetail neck joint, hot hide glue construction, a powerful tone-enhancing open slotted bridge, 17-degree back-angled headstock, genuine bone nut and solid bone bridge pins ensures the unparalleled resonance and sustain for which Gibson Acoustics are famous.
Naturally the Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition is a beauty. The top is finished in a unique custom shop, sunset-toned Vintage Sunburst high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, edged in a multi-ply binding and a traditional double-ring soundhole rosette. Mother-of-pearl split-parallelogram inlays grace the fingerboard while the headstock is adorned with the traditional gold script Gibson logo and pre-war banner decal. A custom-polished tortoise pickguard protects the guitar' top. Finally, a set of high-quality, open-backed Waverly„¢ nickel tuners with pearloid buttons ensures smooth action and a tight hold at the headstock.
Each guitar includes a hardshell case with black exterior and plush-lined burgundy interior.
- Solid Adirondack Red Spruce top with solid mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck with modified "V" profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl paralellogram inlays
- Traditional Rosewood bridge with open-ended saddle slot
- Nickel Waverly„¢ tuners with Ivoroid buttons and 14:1 tuning ratio
- Includes hardshell case
Experience for yourself the power of this special jumbo guitar. Order today.
- Body Type: Round Shoulder
- Top: Solid Adirondack Red Spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- Binding: Multi-ply Top and Back Binding, Traditional Double Ring Rosette
- Bracing: Scalloped Top Bracing (1930's Advanced X-Braced)
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Modified "V" Profile
- Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Radius: 12" Radius
- Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Paralellograms
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Material: Bone
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional CF-100
- Logo: Gold Script and Banner Gibson Decal
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Antique Bell
- Tuning: Keys
- Type: Waverly„¢ with Ivoroid buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Ratio: 16:1
- Type: Traditional Rectangle with Open-Ended Saddle Slot
- Material: Rosewood
- Pickguard: Teardrop Tortoise
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Strap Button
- Strings: .012" - .053" Gibson Light Guage
- Sealer: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Vintage Sunburst: Model AVintage Sunburst Model 1
- Type: Gibson Custom Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Burgandy Fabric
- Manuals Owners: Manual
- Warranty: Gibson Gold Warranty
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Has That Gibson Vibe
- Responsive To Light Touch
- Rich Sound
Comments about Gibson Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Special Edition Acoustic Guitar:
I bought this because I am a fan of adirondack tops paired with Mahogany back and sides. It is essentially an upgraded J45 with a slightly different bracing pattern. It has slope shoulders unlike the Sheryl Crow SJ. The other pluses are Waverly tuners and bone nut and saddle. Build quality is excellent. It has the Gibson thump with sparkly mid range and highs and a decent low end.