- Product J04446
G&L Comanche Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The G&L Comanche is Leo's final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you'll notice about the Comanche is ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tradtional body shape that's packed with versatile electronics and a performance vibrato.
The G&L Comanche is Leo's final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing you'll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design Z-Coil pickups designed by Leo Fender himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You'll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what's surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comanche's PTB (Passive Treble and Bass) system. What's more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle expander switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT Special.
Making the most of this combo is Leo's Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art that allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on.
- Swamp ash body with bolt-on neck construction
- Hard-rock maple neck and fretboard
- G&L Classic "C" neck profile with 12" radius and 22 medium frets
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD Z-Coil hum-cancelling pickups
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato bridge
- Includes case
Continue Leo's legacy with this special guitar. Order today.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD Z-Coil hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius and 1 5/8" nut-width
- NUT: Graph-Tech self-lubricating
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum vibrato with forged brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTB system), mini-toggle expander switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: Deluxe Tolex
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Excellent Finish
- Good Feel
- Solid Electronics
Comments about G&L Comanche Electric Guitar:
As an owner of several name brand guitars overs the years, I am amazed at the noticeable quality and sound from this instrument. The pickups are obviously different than the single coil/humbuckers on other guitars -- and was pleasantly surprised with distinct tone coloration with each 5-way switch setting. Then, you can use the toggle switch to add 5 more tones. From a bright Tele sound to a mellow jazz sound is all within easy access. Strat tones, yes they are there too. The intonation, from bottom to top, is by far the best I've ever played.
The cost is not trivial, but it is the first time that I have felt like I have got my money's worth on an expensive guitar.