- 510982 000154000 510982000154000
G&L S-500 Deluxe Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The S500 Deluxe's mahogany body with flame maple top, hard rock maple neck and rosewood fretboard are shaped and finished by hand by expert craftsmen...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The ultimate expression of the Leo tradition.
The S500 Deluxe's mahogany body with flame maple top, hard rock maple neck and rosewood fretboard are shaped and finished by hand by expert craftsmen. Each is then fitted with the refined hardware that makes every G&L play like a dream: jumbo frets, Magnetic Field Design G&L single-coil pickups, G&L dual-fulcrum tremolo bridge, and Schaller locking tuners. Special S-500 electronics include 3-band EQ and volume with a push/pull pot for pickup expansion.
Includes hardshell case.The patented Magnetic Field Design pickups use a ceramic bar magnet installed underneath each coil, with soft iron adjustable pole pieces to transfer the magnetic field to the surface of the pickup. By contrast, traditional Alnico type pickups, such as used in the Legacy and George Fullerton models, use nonadjustable Alnico pole pieces leaving the only adjustment being pickup height. The Magnetic Field Design has this adjustment, but further offers individual adjustment of each pole piece, letting the player effectively adjust the output of each string on each pickup. Magnetic Field Design yield about twice the output per wind, making the pickup quieter while allowing a greater overall output. The sound of Magnetic Field pickups is slightly warmer with a broader frequency response.
One major Nashville session guitarist remarked that the G&L S-500 with Magnetic Field single coil pickups sounded as balanced and ""sweet"" as his favorite old vintage Alnico equipped axe. The difference is that the S-500 sounds that good right into his amp without all the EQ tweaking of his mixing console that made his other guitar sound so good. When he ran his S-500 though his studio rig, he was truly amazed at the rich and warm, yet clear and sparkly sound.
- Mahogany body with flame maple top
- Hard rock maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- Jumbo frets
- Magnetic Field Design G&L single-coil pickups
- G&L dual-fulcrum tremolo bridge
- Schaller locking tuners
- 3-band EQ
- Volume with a push/pull pot for pickup expansion
- 25-1/2" scale
- Deluxe Fitted Tolex case
Order it today. Play it for the rest of your life.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.