- Write a Review
Versatile electronics and classic design to fit any style of music.
This is a guitar with tonal versatility that's right at home playing a multitude of styles of music. From alternative-rock, blues to country, the Session Custom 59 is packed full of features and is ready to take center stage.
It features a Canadian basswood body, rock maple neck with maple or rosewood fingerboard, the Godin High-Definition Revoicer and the Godin Tru-Loc Tremolo system which allows players to regulate their own trem arm placement into a personal Custom Comfort Zone.
The Session Custom 59 features a Seymour Duncan 59 Humbucker in the neck and the sweet and spicy Godin 'Custom Cajun' single-coil pickup in the bridge for added vintage punch and bite. All of which are housed in a classic single-cutaway body design with 5-ply pearloid and tortoiseshell pickguards and controlled via a 5-way switch, 1x volume and 1x tone knob.
H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer
The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button. The H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the character of each pickup. It's like having two sets of pickups in one guitar for five pure passive tones plus five pure active tones.
Godin Tru-Loc Trem system
Allows a player to regulate Tremolo Arm placement via a simple allen key adjustment, which locks the arm into a personal Custom Comfort Zone. Arm stays firm and true while offering smooth and full mobility within players Custom Comfort Zone.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: SH
- Neck: 59 humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Custom Cajun single-coil
- Brand: Seymour Duncan Godin
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: High-Definition Revoicer
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Deluxe sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Canada
Get excellent value from this versatile guitar made in Quebec. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Some are lightweight, nice feel of the neck
- QC not good, customer service can be improved
Comments about Godin Session Custom '59:
I loved this guitar in the store, it was about 6 pounds and i loved the versatile active switch and the seymour duncan in the neck. A bit of a take on the tele, but you get ten different sounds. I took advantage of a great sale at MF. The one I received was quite a bit heavier, like 8 pounds not 6. Also it had come from the factory wired incorrectly. The Seymour HB split was wired wrong, it took quite a few emails to sort this out with Godin, they do not post writing diagrams on their site, so ten emails later I finally got it and I had to switch the red and green wires from the humbucker to the correct positions. I also got a QC card, this guitar had been checked after wiring and a final check. How this could pass inspection, I do not know. I had to do a fret level past the 12th fret, frets were not even.
- Was this a gift?: