- #J44065 000003000 J44065000003000
Godin Summit Classic CT Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Godin Summit Classic CT is a scorching & versatile rock machine for the ages! It features a beautiful sculpted maple Carved Top (CT), an incr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A versatile rock machine with Seymour Duncan pickups.
The Godin Summit Classic CT is a scorching & versatile rock machine for the ages! It features a beautiful sculpted maple Carved Top (CT), an incredibly light weight & resonant chambered mahogany body, a mahogany set-neck with a bound Richlite fingerboard & headstock, large dot inlays, the Godin High-Definition Revoicer system, and Graphtech ResoMax bridge. The Summit Classic CT is powered by Seymour Duncan humbuckers.
H.D.R. High-Definition Revoicer
The H.D.R. revoices and augments the frequency range of each pickup and allows the player to go from passive to active pickups with the simple push of a button.
The H.D.R. provides extra bite, dynamic response and redefines the character of each pickup. It’s like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 guitar for 3 pure passive tones + 3 pure active tones.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Carved maple
- Body wood: Chambered mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Richlite
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Humbucker
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: High-Definition Revoicer
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Deluxe sealed
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Canada
Get excellent value from this versatile guitar made in Quebec. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Godin Summit Classic CT Electric Guitar:
I admit it: I am a huge fan of Godin guitars. Have owned many, currently own 7 (with this one). This is possibly the best guitar they have ever made. Such an amazingly balanced sound - thick and beefy, but never dark or muddy - very articulate in the low end, smooth but clear up top. I suspect the Richlite fingerboard helps with the tonal balance - like ebony, somewhere between rosewood and maple. And this gorgeous sound is is just the humbuckers.
With the help of 2 switches, you also get p-90s and single coils. The P-90s are an impressive alternative to the humbuckers. The single coils add another great texture, but it's not a Strat (it has a 24.5 inch scale, glued in mahogany neck, single cut - you get the picture - based on another guitar by another famous guitar maker starting with the letter "G"!). Super comfortable neck and body shape. The tone control is probably the most musical and useful control I've ever had - very subtle, really well thought-out range of frequency attenuation. Single coils hum a bit (they are single coils) - but they are reverse wound so middle positions are hum-cancelling - very useful, indeed.
It is lighter than a LP (I owned one may years ago, never really bonded), and has a slightly different shape (including tummy cut) which is more comfortable. With all the tonal options, however, I spend most of my time with the neck humbucker - just an amazing sound and feel. In fact, I might just go play it again after posting this review. A real pleasure to play.
- Was this a gift?: