- #J39896 000002000 J39896000002000
Gretsch Guitars G5422T Electromatic Double Cutaway Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
No nonsense, Electromatic hollowbody guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynami...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
No nonsense, Electromatic hollowbody guitars are the perfect real, pure and powerful Gretsch instruments. They’re your next-step Gretsch—bold, dynamic and articulate, and crafted with essential Gretsch sound, style and playability.
Sleek yet aggressive, the G5422T has a thinner, fully hollow build with a true Filter’Tron voice that captures the resonant hollow-body sound with a more present and chiming voice. Like all Electromatic guitars, it delivers the fearless and electrifying authenticity that has set Gretsch apart as the quintessential rock ‘n’ roll guitars from the very beginning. It’s the sound of honor itself—play proud. Case sold separately.
Dual “Black Top” Filter’tron humbucking pickups
Versatile upgraded controls including master volume treble-bleed circuit
Oversized bound F holes and aged multi-ply body binding
Smaller late-’50s G6120 bound headstock
Graph Tech NuBone nut
Pearloid Neo-Classic “thumbnail” fingerboard inlays
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Laminated
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.6"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Thumbnail
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Blacktop Filter'Tron
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Blacktop Filter'Tron
- Brand: Gretsch
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, volume 1, volume 2, tone control
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Adjusto-matic with rosewood base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B60
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style open-back
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Own that great Gretsch sound. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G5422T Electromatic Double Cutaway Hollowbody Electric Guitar:
Great guitar, great tone, great workmanship. Love the black top filtertron pickups. I initially got a G6620 Nashville center block and returned it because of the tone, the pickup sound and the poor quality case for a $2500+ guitar. The only thing the high price guitar had over this one was the ebony fretboard, not worth an extra two grand. On the other hand the fit and finish on this 5422 guitar is as good as it gets and the blacktop Filtertron pickups are IMO still better than all the attempts at "improvement". I put a Compton bridge on this guitar and it has the best tone of all my hollow and semi hollow body electrics. You won't be disappointed.
- Was this a gift?: