- Product 502239
Gretsch Guitars G6196TSP-2G Country Club Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Sonic Splendor is the only way to describe this member of the elite club. With its ultra-rare two-tone Smoke Gray/Metallic Violet finish, the Gretsch...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
A hollowbody with classic Rockabilly style, high-end features, gold hardware, and a cool two-tone finish.
Sonic Splendor is the only way to describe this member of the elite club. With its ultra-rare two-tone Smoke Gray/Metallic Violet finish, the Gretsch Country Club Guitar will knock their socks off all the way to the back row. The electric guitar's lavish gold hardware is second only to the resonant voice produced by the shimmering combination of DynaSonic single-coil pickups, Synchro-Sonic bridge, and Bigsby B6G tailpiece.
- Model Name: G6196TSP-2G Country Club
- Model Number 240-1009-(Color#)
- Series: Professional Collection
- Body Style: Single-cutaway hollowbody
- Scale length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Top: Arched solid spruce
- Bracing: Parallel tone-bars
- Back and sides: Laminated maple body, 17" wide, 2.75" deep
- Neck: 2-piece maple with tapered heel, modern Gretsch shape
- Pickups: 2 DynaSonic single-coil pickups
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Master Tone, Master Volume
- Width at nut: 1-11/16" (43mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood-based Gretsch Synchro-Sonic bridge
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B6G vibrato tailpiece
- Hardware: Gold-plated
- Finish: Gloss urethane
- No. of frets: 21 medium jumbo
- Machine heads: Grover Imperial 150GM gold-plated die-cast stairstep tuners
- Unique features: Inlaid pearl Gretsch logo on headstock,
- vintage pearloid hump-block position marker Inlays,
- Multiple fingerboard and headstock bindings,
- multiple body bindings,
- oversized multi-bound f-holes,
- metallic violet plexi pickguard,
- rrow control knobs,
- knurled strap retainer knobs,
- adjustable truss rod
- Case: Hardshell
- 3-Position Toggle Switching
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickups
A real beauty dressed to go uptown!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G6196TSP-2G Country Club Hollowbody Electric Guitar:
The aesthetics on this 2-tone gray Gretsch Country Club are over-the-top, yet subtle. You really have to see this archtop in person to fully appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship and design. It has a broad range of tonality, ranging from profound low bass notes to clear treble highs. The single coil pickups really sing and the Bigsby tremelo is a natural to use. I gravitate toward fingerpicking in a jazzy style when I play this guitar. However, the Gretsch Country Club can more than adequately handle any style or genre. It's that good! The people at Musician's Friend were helpful, prompt and very personable. I even received a handwritten letter with my Gretsch thanking me for my purchase. For me, that is outstanding courteous service.