- Product 514860
Guild Contemporary Series Willy Porter Signature Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Acoustic guitar stylist, and alternate tuning wizard Willy Porter has teamed up with Guild to create the Willy Porter Signature Model acoustic electr...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Made in tandem with the ace acoustic artist!
Acoustic guitar stylist, and alternate tuning wizard Willy Porter has teamed up with Guild to create the Willy Porter Signature Model acoustic electric guitar. The Willy Porter Signature guitar features an AAA Sitka Spruce top, Sitka Spruce bracing, solid flame maple back and sides, a 1-piece mahogany neck and Madagascar rosewood fretboard. This amazing guitar is a combination of old-world guitar building and modern technology, along with Porter's own design touches. Unique amenities include the Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend pickup system, a special binding package, bone bridge pins for the bass strings/ebony bridge pins for the treble strings, and the patent pending Guild graphite neck block system.
Players who want a versatile acoustic-electric for many types of open tunings, who want a loud, touch-sensitive guitar with great articulation and fans of Willy Porter and his playing style should prepare to fall in love.
- Body Style: Cutaway F-40
- Top: Solid AAA Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Guild Sitka Spruce
- Back: Solid Flame Maple
- Sides: Solid Flame Maple
- Bridge: Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany (Bolt-On)
- Fretboard: Madagascar Rosewood (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Frets: 21
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Gotoh 700 Series Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups: Fishman Elipse Matrix Blend (Preamp with Acoustic Matrix Pickup)
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Phase Switch for Feedback Reduction
- Finish: High Gloss (Thin Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Unique Features: Florentine Cutaway, Patent Pending Locking Graphite Neck-Block Bolt-On Neck System with Sound-Directing Graphite Spider Support System, Dual Locked Graphite Neck Reinforcement Tubes, Scalloped Sitks Spruce Braced Top, Small Abalone Dot Position Inlays, Bone Bridge Pins for Bass Side, Ebony Bridge Pins for Treble Side, Bone Nut, Streamlined Compensated Bone Saddle, Special Binding Package, Contemporary Guild Rosette of Madagascar Rosewood, Ivoroid and Red and Black Accent Lines, Factory Installed Forward Strap Button with Internally Braced Support, Vintage Script Mother-of-Pearl Guild Headstock Logo, Contemporary Mother-of-Pearl Guild Headstock Shield, Includes Two Saddles, One for Standard Tuning, One for Open Tunings
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This is a unbelievably fantastic guitar. I am a very progressive acoustic guitarist and play both fingerstyle and with a pick. This guitar is phenomenal for both purposes. Its bass response is the best I have ever heard and yet it is amazingly sensitive also, producing shimmering sounds when played delicately. It is also superb at handling alternate tunings (especially with the unique saddle designed to support alternate tunings which is included) and I have never had a problem with changes in the neck after playing in "wacky" tunings. I could not recommend this more to anyone who wants a guitar that literally can support any style playing and is very versatile.
This is the single most amazing guitar ever. Incredibly versatile, great for both finger picking and strumming. Tonally, it falls right in between all other guitar, not too deep and not to twangy. It also has the best bass i have ever heard on a guitar. I could not recommend it any more. Get one while they are still around.