- Product 517728
Guild D-55 Lefty Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Guild's flagship model, the D-55, was introduced in 1968 as a special order-only item, but the response was so strong that within a few years it beca...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The return of a Guild masterpiece.
Guild's flagship model, the D-55, was introduced in 1968 as a special order-only item, but the response was so strong that within a few years it became a regular production model. Now it's available for the Left-handed guitarist. The D-55 is prized by players worldwide, from George Strait to Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls). This model features a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, a three-piece mahogany neck, ebony bridge and fingerboard with mother of pearl and abalone block position inlays, and a "G"-shield logo.
Guild guitars are revered for their value, reliability, tone, responsiveness, outstanding projection and sustain. This full-bodied, high-volume body style was developed with an emphasis on string-to-string balance, so that treble, mid and bass registers project evenly. The result is one of the most musically versatile dreadnoughts anywhere.
- Model Name: D55
- Model Number: 380-0500
- Category: Traditional Dreadnought Guitars
- Body Style: Dreadnought
- Top: Solid AAA Spruce
- Bracing: Scalloped
- Back: Solid Bookmatched Rosewood
- Sides: Solid Rosewood Sides
- Bridge: Ebony
- Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25-5/8"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Gold Plated Die-cast Tuners
- Finish: High Gloss (Nitro-cellulose Lacquer)
- Position Inlays: Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone,
- Fingerboard: Bound Ebony,
- Rosette: Abalone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Case: C4520 Deluxe Hardshell
- Strings: Guild L350 Phosphor Bronze