- Product 512019
Guild D40 Bluegrass Jubilee Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Guild's D-40 Bluegrass Jubilee Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric guitar is for players who want the great early 1960s Guild in a larger, dreadnought-body...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
When it's your turn to do the pickin', this guitar won't let you down.
Guild's D-40 Bluegrass Jubilee Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric guitar is for players who want the great early 1960s Guild in a larger, dreadnought-body instrument, and for finger-style and flat-pick players who need an instrument with great note articulation.
We're talkin' vintage D-40 specs, solid red spruce top and scalloped bracing, mahogany back and sides, tortoise bindings, one-piece 20-fret mahogany neck, Indian rosewood fingerboard and bridge, pearl dot inlays, Grover Rotomatic tuning machines and bone nut and saddle. Features the D-TAR Wave-Length/Load and Lock pickup system.
- Body style: dreadnought
- Top: solid red spruce
- Bracing: Guild scalloped red spruce
- Back: solid mahogany back
- Sides: solid mahogany sides
- Bridge: Indian rosewood
- Neck: 1-piece mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood (12" radius)
- Pickup: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls: Two adjustable trim pots, one low frequency shelving and one high frequency shelving
- Width at nut: 1-11/16"
- No. Of frets: 20
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Hardware: chrome
- Machine heads: Grover Rotomatic chrome plated die-cast tuners
- Finish: high gloss (nitro-cellulose lacquer)
- Unique features: dovetail neck joint, red spruce scalloped braced top, pearl dot position inlays, bone bridge pins, bone nut and saddle, tortoise shell bindings, classic guild rosette, tortoise shell pickguard
- Case: includes C4520 deluxe hardshell case
D40 Bluegrass Jubilee Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access.
The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock
system, which allows quick and easy "AA" batteries changes. Just unscrew
the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A
quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place. D-TAR Wave-
Length pickups are standard on all of our acoustic/electric guitars.