- Product 513327
Guild F30 Aragon Acoustic-Electric Guitar with D-TAR Pickup System
- Write a Review
Guild's orchestra-body F30 Aragon Acoustic-Electric with D-TAR Pickup System is based on the 1956 F-30 Aragon guitar, with all solid woods, a red spr...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The celebrated D-TAR pickup system boosts the dynamics of this easy-playing acoustic-electric.
Guild's orchestra-body F30 Aragon Acoustic-Electric with D-TAR Pickup System is based on the 1956 F-30 Aragon guitar, with all solid woods, a red spruce top and bracing, mahogany back and sides, Indian rosewood fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle, bone bridge pins, tortoise binding, 1-11/16" nut and lacquer finish.
The D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you to transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
But perhaps the coolest part of the guitar system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock system, which allows quick and easy "AA" battery changes. Just unscrew the end pin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place.
- Model Name: F30 Aragon with D-TAR Pickup System
- Model Number: 380-6505
- Category: Traditional Series
- Body Style: Orchestra
- Top: Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing: Guild Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: Three-Piece Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Gotoh 500 Series Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Finish: High Gloss (Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Top Brace: Red Spruce Scalloped
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Binding: Tortoise Shell
- Nut: Bone
- Saddle: Bone
- Position Inlay: Mother-Of-Pearl Dot
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Strings: Replace with Guild L350 Phosphor Bronze, p/n 3500350000, Gauges .012, .016, .025, .032, .042, .053
- Introduced: 1/2007