- Product 510969
Guild F412 12 String Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Painstakingly true to its vintage roots, this version of the F412 has the same body dimensions as the original (17" wide, 21" long, 4.8" deep). It fe...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Visual beauty, stunning sound, trusted legacy.
Painstakingly true to its vintage roots, this version of the F412 has the same body dimensions as the original (17" wide, 21" long, 4.8" deep). It features a solid AAA Sitka spruce top, high-quality ebony fingerboard with abalone and mother of pearl block inlays, "G"-shield headstock inlay and gold Grover Rotomatic tuning machines.
Designed in the late 1960s as Guild's first jumbo 12-strings, the F412 acoustic guitar and its sibling, the F512, are two of Guild's most enduring and popular guitars. The F412 has an arched curly maple back and solid curly maple sides.
The quality and widespread use of Guild's jumbo 12-strings have earned Guild a permanent place in guitar history. As historians Tom and Mary Anne Evans once wrote, "The basic virtue of Guild 12-strings is that they are very loud and [have] a clarity and definition of sound not normally associated with 12-string guitars."
One of the keys to achieving that clarity and definition is solid construction. While the body size and scale length are the same as Guild's 6-string jumbos, Guild's 12-strings are 1-13/16" wide at the nut, and feature a double truss rod system and Guild's time-tested jumbo
- Body Style: 12-String Jumbo
- Top: Solid AAA spruce
- Bracing: Hand shaved
- Back: Select arched laminated figured maple
- Sides: Solid figured maple
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: 3-Piece mahogany/maple/mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut: 1-13/16"
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25-5/8"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Gold-Plated Grover Rotomatic die-cast mini-tuners
- Finish: High Gloss (nitrocellulose lacquer)
- Unique features: Natural mother-of-pearl and abalone block, position Inlays, multiple bindings, tortioseshell pickguard, dual truss rods
- Case: Includes C5217 deluxe hardshell case, p/n 3501075213
- Strings: Replace with Guild L1250 Phosphor Bronze 12-String, p/n 3501250000,
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Out side of my dog Buck, this was the best gift I have ever got. Once you get past the incredible workmanship and the sweet sound the fingerboard action just melts in your hands; Even the case is a work of functional artistic engineering.