- Product 512067
Guild F50 Vintage Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Nothing sings out as bold and true as a Guild F50 Vintage Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar. They are the original Guild flat-tops, first manufactured i...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
If you like the projection of a real jumbo acoustic-electric, this guitar is for you.
Nothing sings out as bold and true as a Guild F50 Vintage Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar. They are the original Guild flat-tops, first manufactured in Manhattan in 1954. From the beauty of the spruce and the elegance of the rosewood to the depth of the nitrocellulose finish, Guild proudly stands behind their quality materials.
Introduced in 1954, the F-50 was the top of the acoustic flat-top line and was popularized by exceptional players such as Eric Clapton, who graced the cover of the 1968 Guild catalog. This F-50 has many features of the best 1960s instruments, with a 4.8"-deep body, a relocated "X" bracing pattern and a sculpted rosewood bridge. Other features include a AAA spruce top and arched curly maple back and sides, an ebony fingerboard with traditional mother of pearl and abalone block inlays, a shell pickguard, G-shield headstock logo and gold Grover Rotomatic tuning machines. Features the D-TAR Wave-Length/Load and Lock pickup system.
- Body style: jumbo
- Top: solid AAA sitka spruce
- Bracing: custom X
- Back: Select Arched Laminated Figured Maple
- Sides: Solid Figured Maple
- Bridge: rosewood
- Neck: 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany
- Fretboard: ebony (12" radius)
- Width at nut: 1-11/16"
- No. Of frets: 20
- Scale length: 25-5/8"
- Hardware: gold
- Machine heads: Grover gold plated die-cast tuners
- Pickup: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Finish: high gloss (nitro-cellulose lacquer)
- Unique features: Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Position Inlays, Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Case: includes C5217 deluxe hardshell case
- Strings: Guild L350 phosphor bronze, gauges .012, .016, .025, .032, .042, .053
- D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access.
- The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
- Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
- But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock
- system, which allows quick and easy "AA" batteries changes. Just unscrew
- the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A
- quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place. D-TAR Wave-
- Length pickups are standard on all of our acoustic/electric guitars.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I've owned my F50 for over 30 years. When I bought it I shopped for other makes and models but kept coming back to this one. As a rhythm guitarist and lead singer it is the perfect instrument for accompanying the other instrumentalists and for setting the deep patterns needed to be heard by them and the listeners. My other primary guitar is a vintage Martin D35 which is great for other types of music I play.